Saturday, August 22, 2009

Codebreaking for Voldemort, Bizarro-CSH

Started out with Voldemort... my sister was getting in deep, and I was sent in as a double agent. We were in a small room across from something like the county clerk's office, and we were cracking codes. Somehow we ended up outside near my old high school, with some fields of weird flowers... some of which were three large feathers in random red/pink/white arrainged in a fan, bursting forth from the tip of thin waist-high pale green stalks.

But then it was like Photohunt, but a historical Photohunt with tons and tons of alumni, run by an old alumni. It was the Welcome Back of Photohunts. Some of them I knew- Sissel, Bushey, Lucas, Heise- from CSH of Old. We took pictures and I had bought a Sprint phone back when I worked for the Dark Lord, it was black and "rugged" yellow rubber... but I kept dropping that and my DS into various bodies of water. Lawton was on my team, because at one point he yelled at me for having to go back to get my phone, class ring (I don't have one), the ring my grandpa gave me, and my glasses. They were half-buried in sand at about 8-10 ft depth just off the left of a dock on stilts. Oh, the things we do for History-Hunt!

We came back to CSH with a day and a half left in the Hunt (it lasted like 5 days or something)... but it was a bizarro CSH. Layout was identical to a real capital L, with the vaders at the bottom of the L and the L-well near the top. Across from the Research room though, leaving two rooms on the far side of it. (The long stem was still the "L".) I started getting all History on everyone, telling stories of who lived where back when I was a freshman. (Bob lived in one room past the L-well with Heise, etc).

Then there was an intelude where some of my highschool friends and I (Bri and Heather, mostly) threw snowalls at people's doors, and the hallways was a) as wide as a street and b) outside. Don' worry about it.

Then I was back on CSH, but the halls were decorated all for Christmas. It was my freshman year now. Kids were packing up for break... I wandered over to my old room, third from the bizarro-L across from the Bizarro-vader. NOTE: Bizarro-CSH's main hall had six rooms facing the vader, and two rooms on either side. Also, all the doors were Dutch doors, and the Open Door Policy referred to the top part. I found my room, as all the other rooms, with the top door open but there was no sign of my roommate. At this point the dream became lucid-ish... I knew I was in a dream, and I knew I was from the future, but I didn't realize I was in a Bizarro-CSH and not the real one. Anyway.

I started talking to all the old CSHers of my class, some of them kids I never saw around again. Orange, Jesus, Katarina... In a reverse of last year's role as History, I started telling them all how CSH was in the future- in 2006, for example, Housing had replaced all the Dutch doors with solid ones- and about the future CSHers, and the cool projects we were doing, and which of them stuck around and which of them didn't, and which of them I missed, and things about the outside world. One of them asked if I should be telling them this, because won't it fuck up the future? To which I replied "This is a dream, it doesn't matter, don't worry."

Then Wiki showed up and I was like, "Wiki!" and he said "Please, say it Viki, it's a District 9 thing." I assume because Wikus's name is pronounced "Vick-us". But District 9 just came out a coupe weeks ago (from this time), so I knew he was from the future too. I pointed this out and he said "Yeah, but it's really cool to see CSH as it was when you first came here. I like the doors."

We then talked about the doors while we walked back down to the L, where there were parents all around helping their kids move out for Christmas break again, but it was Christmas 2006. I spoke with somebody's mom, to whom I had to explain I was from the future. But at this point I started to wake up.

There was also an interlude somewhere where we were trying to make something with a lot of pins... We're talking like 8x20 per component, with like 10 components... and all the pins kept getting bent as we tried to insert them into the holders. I think we were assembling docks for that phone from earlier.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home